Monday, April 20, 2009

8 Days a Week

Well hello there all. Seems I’ve been procrastinating… yet again.

/sigh

Well what have I been up to? Recently (recently being this Saturday just past) I was in a play. A murder mystery dinner theatre actually. I played Rose the ‘Saloon Gal’. It was set in the 1800’s at the ‘Sidewinder Saloon’. I was genuinely terrified (I get horrible stage fright). But about 3 lines in that all just melted away and I had a blast. It was so much damned fun! I am quite sad that it’s over now, and am very much looking forward to the next opportunity that comes along for me to participate in the theatre world.

So as per my most recent post I suppose I should update about the whole quitting smoking thing. Well I gave it a go, I lasted a whole 24 hours without any nicotine. It was horrible. I busted my hand up a bit… hitting inanimate objects seemed like the logical approach at the time. I am currently still smoking, however am now down to one quarter of what I used to smoke. About 7ish cigarettes a day. The plan is to keep cutting down until quitting happens semi-naturally. Hopefully with less frustration and violence. O_o

I’ve been taking a much greater interest in my health as of late, I’ve lost a fair amount of weight, and more importantly actually feel healthier. I’ve been going for quite long walks nearly every day, between 6000 and 12000 steps per walk.

Oh yes, and the front of my hair is now blonde. It was red for quite some time, however over the past few months I’ve noticed that a ridiculously large amount of people now do the same thing. So of course I had to change it. I am eventually going to have white hair in the front, which will be pretty kick ass. (Think ‘Rogue’ from X-men) And if that doesn’t turn out well there is always green. Never dyed my hair green before.

The Belegarth season has started up again here. However since it has I have not been to the field, the play kept me pretty busy. Now that it’s over I intend to go start boffing again. Should be grand.

And my newest obsession; Orpheus. Otherwise known as Misery; The Saddening. One of the best role playing games I’ve ever had the privilege to participate in. (I would like to point out to those of you who may have read the previous version of that comment that I felt it was necessary to change it to suit my new sense of enlightenment.) It’s set in modern times (2007), under the premise that cryogenics has been perfected and what’s more was the catalyst in the discovery of ‘projection’. So ghosts are real, and my character – Helen Collins – is one. Or at least can be one. With my two companions; Axel F. Handlebra and Callen Descale we make up the crucible (group) ‘FireFly’. We’re pretty spiffy detectives/ghosts/wet works/currently fugitives that are in the midst of an enormous battle between humans and the nasty type ghosts; Spectres. It’s bloody fantastic, and a thrilling tale. If you ever get the chance to play it, you definitely should.

Well I believe that sums up the last month or so.

Ah yes, one last thing. I have perfected my chicken and pineapple curry. Yay! So now I have to move on to different foods.

And a quote from Orpheus;

“We’ve solved Religion!” – Helen Collins

Peace.

No comments: